We have rides during the week at Regent’s Park and our weekend rides on
Saturday and Sunday, offering different options for distance and pace.
Have a look at our calendar.
Our weekly rides
We meet from 8:30 am for pre-ride coffees and depart at 9:00 am. Our meeting point on Saturdays is Coffee Break in Winchmore Hill.
Distance: About 45 miles/72km
Pace: 14-16mph/22-25kph 16mph/25kph+
We split into groups depending on availability of leaders and who turns up.
There are also ad hoc early bird rides from Boots in Whetstone, keep an eye on our forum for more details.
Meet 8:00 am at Amici’s, East Finchley for pre-ride coffees. Depart 8.30am sharp from Budgens East Finchley (over the road).
Distance: About 60 miles/95km
Pace: 15-18mph/24-28kph We split into groups depending on availability of leaders and who turns up.
Regents Park sessions (meet at the big gates of the inner circle)
- Tuesdays 6:00-8:00 am: members-only race training with coach Ian ‘Watto’ Watson. Meet at the big gates on the inner circle. Then regroup at 07.00 for Skills. Please ensure you have front and rear lights.
- Wednesdays and Fridays 7:00 am: 1 hour of ‘chat laps’ around Outer Circle, followed by coffee and buns.
- Wednesday and Thursdays 6:30-8:00 am: Women’s Skills Sessions with Coach Watto.
- Thursdays, 6:00-7:30 am : 1 hour of faster chaingangs, plus 30 mins recovery.
What we do?
- Road – regular club rides and laps at Regents Park
- Races – we organise a road race every year (men and women), plus some crits at the cycle centre in Ilford
- Time trials – we organise club time trials (open to everyone). We encourage members to volunteer for these, and enter other clubs’ events. We also run an annual Hill Climb at Mott Street (Epping Forest) – pain faces obligatory!
- Cyclocross – regular rides in the autumn/winter
- Track – regular sessions at the Lea Valley velodrome, so you can try your hand at riding the boards. Many members are accredited and race the track league